Teach English in United Arab Emirates with Institute of Applied Technology
Job details - Location and Contract
Minimum Qualifications and Teaching Experience
With state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services, the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT) offers career-based technical education at the secondary and tertiary levels. IAT’s aim is to meet the industrial and technical challenges and requirements that will allow UAE national students to move on to higher education and pursue their careers in the higher technologies. The IAT, with its campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah, encompasses higher learning start-ups in aviation, nursing and vocational training.
The teaching medium and mode of communication across the organization is English.
The IAT is seeking English Teachers (to teach Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12) for our student-centered, project-based curriculum. As an English Teacher employed within the IAT, you will teach classes to national students who need a solid foundation in English, which they will use to develop their vocational skills. You will work in a technologically advanced environment as part of a team of faculty members to coordinate assignments and projects in the students chosen discipline. Preference will be given to Native speaker applicants.
Selected candidates are expected to join in January 2018 or mid-August 2018.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in English Language and Literature/Linguistics/Applied Linguistics.
· CELTA or an equivalent certificate for teaching English as a foreign language.
· Minimum 3 years of teaching experience at a middle or high school level.
· Experience in the Gulf region is an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare course materials, homework assignments and handouts.
· Assess students’ coursework.
· Communicate information on progress and performance to students and relevant people.
· Maintain student attendance records, transcripts and any other student records.
· Organise, accompany and supervise students on field trips where required.
· Maintain a teaching log and compile a course team report at the end of each semester.
· Liaise with the LRC in order to promote student development through the use of technology-based learning.
· Proactively assess the potential for new technologies and its suitability in higher education and its mission to meet the demands of the market place.
· Contribute to the planning, evaluation and revision of curricula, course content and methods of instruction.
· Participate in the development and organization of student projects within class, courses and programs.
· Be available to travel to any IAT location for designated meetings, workshops, system-wide assessment and marking sessions and conferences as part of your duties.
· Participate in student recruitment, registration and placement activities.
· Cover schedule to substitute for sick colleagues.
· Act as advisor to student organizations where appropriate.
· Participate in campus and community events.
· Student centered; culturally sensitive; values collaboration, teamwork and self; encourages ethical behaviour; facilitates life-long learning and utilizes technology.
Salary and Benefits:
The IAT offers a competitive tax-free salary, housing allowance, air fare, relocation allowance (if deployed from overseas), medical insurance, gratuity and subsidized education for your children.
To apply for this job, click the 'apply for job' button below. To attach more than one file to your application, such as documents and images, press your 'control' key while selecting the files. Do not refresh your browser or close this window after clicking the submit button. When your files have been uploaded you will be taken to a new window confirming this. Good luck!