Teach English in Spain with ConversaSpain
Job details - Location and Contract
Minimum Qualifications and Teaching Experience
Last Call! Teach English in Spain: Public Schools in Madrid
Do you want to teach English in Spain next academic year? Become a Language and Cultural ambassador in Madrid. ConversaSpain cooperates with public schools in different locations across Spain, to help the English department improve the language skills of their students and staff.
Deadline: May 22nd
The relation with the schools and the placements are fully managed by the local government. The program provides participants with support moving to Spain, initial training, and advice on every day practical non-school-related matters.
The conditions are:
-4 consecutive teaching days
– €1,000 monthly stipend
– Mostly rural and pueblo locations
– Program length: November 5th to June 28th
Requirements to Participate
There is no age limit and Spanish skills are not required to participate. However, there are some conditions candidates must fulfill to take part in the program:
– Be native-level English speakers
– Be citizens of a country where English is the official language
– Hold a university degree in any subject
– Job placement ensured
– Pre-departure assistance: help with the visa application process and opening a bank account before arriving
– Welcome Document: tips, advice, and practical tools to find permanent accommodation, among others
– Help with the police registration process
– Health insurance (EU citizens living in Europe)
– Orientation in Madrid: initial training and meeting with other participants
– Access to a multimedia platform with lessons, resources, and information
– ConversaSpain emergency support while in Spain
– Certificate of completion at the end of the program (issued by the Regional Education Authority)
– Paid school holidays (Christmas, Easter, and local festivities), except for the summer period
– Activities will be held under the supervision and guidance of school teachers
– Two different programs available
“I would recommend the experience with ConversaSpain as it was great to have a guaranteed placement and the support before coming to Spain was very helpful. I chose the immersion week option and was very happy. It gave me a good introduction to some of the main sites of Madrid, but more importantly allowed me to meet some other people in our program who I have remained friends with in my time here”, Grant H., participant in Madrid.
Fees and Available Options:
– Basic: €1,050
– Basic + TEFL certification: €1,550
The Role of a Language and Cultural Ambassador in Spain
Participants could deliver conversational English lessons to students or staff, encourage oral practice in English, explain the culture of their own country, help in other subjects (such as science, art, P.E., history, or music), assist with pronunciation and grammar, prepare students for oral exams, and collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons. The specific activities and tasks depend on the school.
Language Assistants in Public Schools help teach English to Elementary, Middle and High School students. This is a supportive role, thus they aren’t in charge of entire classes and aren’t responsible for grading or discipline.
Assignment: Selected candidates will receive the details of their specific school placement 10 days before starting at the school. Age-group preferences are considered whenever possible (we cannot guarantee specific placement preferences).
ConversaSpain is a Spanish organization that cooperates with more than 150 public schools in different regions in Spain. It offers inspiring, challenging and rewarding opportunities to potential English language assistants from all over the world who want to teach English in Spain. With ConversaSpain, native English speakers can teach English in Spain as language and cultural ambassadors in public schools in Madrid or Murcia.
Created with the aim of providing high-quality experiences for hard-working and creative ESL teachers, ConversaSpain helps students in Spanish public schools with exposure to English from native speakers.
With ConversaSpain, participants teach English in Spain to students in Elementary, Middle, and/or High Schools in the public system. Tasks and teaching activities will vary from day-to-day, but it is a supportive role. Indeed, participants aren't in charge of an entire class, nor are they responsible for students' final grades or any serious disciplinary action. ConversaSpain are looking for truly dedicated ESL teachers who can fully embrace their role in Spain.
To apply for this job, click the 'apply for job' button below. To attach more than one file to your application, such as documents and images, press your 'control' key while selecting the files. Do not refresh your browser or close this window after clicking the submit button. When your files have been uploaded you will be taken to a new window confirming this. Good luck!